As a wife, mother of two and business owner, time is of the essence. It is also in short supply at any given moment. I recently went back to working full time [approximately 50 hours a week] after having cut down to 18 hours for the last 2.5 months. It has taken some adjusting for all of us and we are still finding our footing again. The first two weeks of me working again left me feeling defeated, exhausted and upset. I’ve been struggling to find a balance like we had a few months ago.
As a restaurant owner, and I’m sure anyone who has ever worked in food service can agree, you’re making food for other people. This means that during the times when people typically eat meals, you can’t because you’re cooking them. We often eat lunch and dinner late which can sometimes be annoying and definitely isn’t healthy. Plus at the end of a twelve hour shift cooking for everyone else, the LAST thing I want to do is go home and cook another meal for myself or my husband.
Having had more time at home the last few weeks has given me a chance to try new recipes and I’ve used my air fryer a lot more. At least once a day on a slow day. But I’ve forgotten how convenient and reliable my CrockPot is. Now that I’m back at work I can throw a meal together and have it ready for me after the dinner rush. It saves me the time of having to cook and it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze, too.
I received some salad dressings complimentary from Kraft via Influenster and I thought the Lemon would be perfect to use for a new chicken recipe. And that’s exactly what I did!
Lemon Herb CrockPot Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 3 Medium Sized Carrots, peeled
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 1 Lemon
- 7 oz Kraft Lemon Herb Vinaigrette (half bottle)
Over medium heat, brown your chicken thighs. Approximately 5 minutes per side.
While the chicken is browning, cut your carrots and potatoes into 1 inch sized chunks. You can also swap out the russet potatoes for fingerling potatoes.
Place the carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your CrockPot.
Cut your lemon into quarters and add on top of the vegetables.
Place the browned chicken thighs over the carrots, potatoes and lemon. Pour the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette on top.
Close your CrockPot and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
15 minutes of preparation and 5 ingredients later… you’ve got a deliciously easy dinner. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? Post a pic and tag me @PigtailsAndPasta
CrockPot Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs
- CrockPot or Slow Cooker
- 6 Chicken Thighs Bone-in with skin-on
- 3 Carrots Medium sized, peeled
- 3 Russet Potatoes Large, peeled
- 1 Lemon
- 7 oz Kraft Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Approx. half of a bottle
- Brown the chicken thighs over medium heat. Approximately five minutes per side.
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into one inch chunks. Place in the bottom of the CrockPot.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and place on top of the vegetables.
- Once browned, place the chicken thighs in the CrockPot.
- Pour the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette into the CrockPot, on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- The russet potatoes can be swapped out for fingerling or yellow potatoes.
- Other vegetables, such as celery or onions, can be added if desired.