Zucchini is one of my favorite things. Whether sliced and fried or baked in bread or muffins, I love it all. This Air Fryer Zucchini recipe is pretty basic and tastes delicious. Perfect as a side dish for any summertime meal, or just a snack by itself.
We had always cooked our zucchini in a pan or deep fryer, which always tasted great, but held A LOT of oil. So you’re eating vegetables but they aren’t really healthy. This air fryer version uses very little oil, and it is not retained in the zucchini after it’s cooked as if you were deep frying.
Added bonus – my three year old actually eats this!
Air Fryer Zucchini
I used two medium sized zucchinis for this. If you have larger ones, one would suffice. You can also swap out or add in yellow squash.
Wash your zucchinis and remove any dirt from the skin.
Remove the ends and slice the zucchini in 1-inch sized pieces, then quarter them.
Move zucchini to the baking pan. If you have a basket style air fryer you can cook directly in the basket. If you have an oven style but do not have a baking pan, you could cook in the rotisserie basket.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Once preheated, add the zucchini on the middle rack and cook for 20 minutes.
I removed mine and tossed it around every 5 minutes to make sure it was cooking evenly.
& that’s it! Super easy and now you have a delicious side dish.
AIr Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer
- 2 Medium Sized Zucchini
- Black Pepper
- EVOO Spray
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly.
- Trim the ends, cut zucchini into 1 inch coins and then in quarters.
- Place zucchini in a bowl and spray with oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss the zucchini so it is covered in the oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer zucchini into pan or basket.
- Spray top of zucchini with a little more oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Place zucchini in middle position of air fryer and cook for 20 minutes, mixing/shaking every 5 minutes.