Making your own pizzas? Skip the store-bought sauce and try this super easy recipe. It’ll taste like your local mom and pop shop because it’s based off of one!
Today I’m sharing one of our best kept secrets with you.
If you’ve read some of my other posts, you may already know that my husband and I purchased a pizzeria in June of 2016. Since then, we’ve been nominated for multiple awards in Central PA – best pizza, best pizza delivery, best pizza place, best wings & best burgers.
Our recipes have been perfected over the past four years. I’ve tweaked it a little, and scaled it down for a family sized portion, but today I’m sharing with you our secret pizza sauce recipe. It’s super easy to make and will cost you about the same, if not less than a store bought can of sauce.
- Ground Tomatoes 28 oz can
- ¾+⅛ Cup Water
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¾ tsp Granulated Garlic
- 3.8 tbsp Salt 3 tbsp + 2.5 tsp
- 4.6 tbsp Sugar 4 tbsp + 1.75 tsp
- Empty tomatoes into bowl.
- Rinse sides of can with water and fill halfway.
- Add remaining ingredients to the can with water.
- Stir the water and spices together.
- Add water mixture to tomatoes and stir.